Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



17/11/2007


my photo

old nan ...

Today, as it has been very gloomy outside, I have spent some time looking through a few old photographs, feeling a bit fragile I did have a few tears, especially when looking through pictures of mum. The photo above is of my great nan, Ethel Parrott nee Rice, the mother of my mum's father. Seeing the pin on her dress inspired my post below.

I was still at primary school when my great nan died and I remember going into school and crying the whole day through, being somewhat full of emotion as I am. Looking back she must have had a great influence on me, even though I was too young to really remember why or how. The last years of her life were not good as she was crippled by having to endure numerous strokes and confined to an armchair most of the time, my great grandad 'Gampy' looked after her well and he lived well into his nineties, suffering no illness but thankfully dying peacefully of old age.

3 comments:

Gigibird said...

I think Laura has her eyes.

Carol said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us. the photgraph is lovely Louise.
xx

Threadspider said...

Don't you think that it's wonderful to have those pictures of our loved ones in their youthful beauty, to help balance those memories of their old age we seem to have? What a glorious pictures. Thanks for sharing them.