Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



10/07/2011


my photos

just the day for ducks ...

Today is the last day of the RHS Flower Show at Hampton Court Palace.

I went up on Thursday, which is traditionally the opening day for the general public ...



and for ducks!



An Alice in Wonderland theme was running through the Floral Marquee.

Not that you could get to see the exhibits, with the world and his wife plodding through taking shelter from the rain.



Only ducks and Mad Hatters would have been happy to frolic in such a deluge ...



and geese!



This curvy looking bench caught my eye ...



as did these stained-glass panels.



How about this wonderful creeping Thyme paving ...



and this highly desirable residence for bugs!



With an idea for a three-tiered garden ...



and what to do with an abandoned shopping trolley!



The show is filled with so many wonderful ideas, and like what to buy?

I went with a modest shopping list, with the intention of buying varieties of Lavender and Mint.

No garlic!

I've learned the lesson from previous years not to buy anything too big or heavy, as pretty much impossible to cart back on a busy London Train.

... so what did I end up buying?

Two sun-loving varieties of Lavender (Kew Red and Whero Ito), and two shade-loving varieties of Mint (Ginger and Chocolate).

I'd say that was a day well spent, wouldn't you?

o

9 comments:

Lyn said...

What a lovely place to visit. I love the stained glass panels too....well there is so much to inspire here.
thanks for sharing.
xxx

nikkipolani said...

Those stained glass panels are very eye-catching! I'm sorry the world AND his wife showed up -- goodness, must've been crowded ;-)

Lisa said...

Shame about the weather but you have snapped some really lovely ideas. Love the glass, the colour on the shed in the garlic garden, the bug hotels and that pathway.
Hope you enjoyed your day.
Lisa x

life in red shoes said...

Very well spent indeed!

Poppy said...

I wish I had gone, I haven’t been for a few years. I normally come away with loads of ideas! I hope all is ok with you.....

Lou xxx

Simone said...

It looks like a lovely day out. I have a ginger mint in my garden but unfortunately the snails love it so there isn't much left! I would like a chocolate scented mint too! x

Rosie said...

Shame about the rain but it looks wonderful! The show gardens are lovely - I like the stained glass panels and the thyme path - I'd love to have something like that in my garden:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise,
Lots of lovely photos! They give a real taste of the show. Like everyone else I like the stained glass panels and I love the idea of the Mad Hatter's tea party theme. I got tickets for Tatton a while ago, it's next weekend and I was half thinking, maybe I shouldn't have bothered but now you have made feel like I can't wait, thank you!

periwinkle said...

Love that thyme path , I saw photos of ' The Bothy ' .. did you see it?