Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



16/07/2010


my photos

a short break ...

We've just got back from spending a few days in Kent, staying in an annexe of an old barn in Bethersden.

On the way down we stopped in Battle for a coffee and a light snack for breakfast.

The Annual Battle Scarecrow Festival was in full swing. There was one every which way you turned.




I would have loved more time to walk around the village, photographing and documenting each scarecrow I could find.

In the daytime, not at dusk!



As we were staying near to the town of Tenterden we stopped one afternoon for a quick mooch around.



There's some lovely shops.

You can see reflections of the town in the shopfront windows.



I've more photos of other perfick places we visited, so feel free to pop back soon!

o

4 comments:

harmony and rosie said...

It looks so pretty there, you do manage to find some lovely breaks! Love those scarecrows, is the first one Van Gogh? And yes, I shall definitely pop back to view some more perfick places!! x

Kathy said...

Ohhhh! I love Scarecrow festivals. We have one up on the Wirral every so often. Some people make amazing creations and it's great fun to work out what each one is.
That looks a very pretty part of the country.
Love Kathy xxx

JuicyFig said...

I love the scarecrows, there is a similar thing neer here that I rarely manage to get to - I just spotted the sign on your previous post, there were jellied eels on it - shudder......

;~)
Kath
x

Purrfect Haven said...

I always want to live in the places you take photos of! Helenx www.happinesskindled.blogspot.com