Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



27/11/2008


my photos

magazine swap ...

Lisa at Periwinkle way back in August organised a magazine swap and I was paired with lovely Adrienne from Some Of A Kind in the US. Due to me having boring old job commitments and Adrienne being busy in her life, we didn't get to exchange until well into October.

Thanks Adrienne, I have really enjoyed looking through Southern Living, a mixture of home, garden and recipes, and Gardening How To, which includes an article on making a lovely bamboo planter using Sempervivum, and one on colourful Coleus, a plant which I am definitely going to introduce into my garden next summer.



Along with the magazines Adrienne included this lovely card with a recipe for Chocolate Tea Cake with an orange glaze. I can definitely see those cup measures being dusted off and coming out of the drawer!

7 comments:

Poppy said...

I love the idea of the magazine swap!

Have a lovely weekend xxx

Carol said...

Great swop Louise, nice to get something differnet.
Carol xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your swap went ok - some of them have just fell by the wayside and some people didn't even get in touch with their partners - quite sad. Adrienne is lovely isn;t she...
Lisa x

Suzanne said...

The magazine swap idea is fantastic. Your magazine looks good.

méri said...

The magazines look great!!!! Good idea that swap.

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad you have ejoyed them. I still have yours and have threatened my hubbie if he tosses them!

carolr said...

Hi Louise! I haven't shared much with you lately, but still I do enjoy your posts. Although I am from the USA I also have those memories of Woolworth's and the records too. My, oh my, how times have "changed". Happy Christmas to you and yours.