Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



27/05/2008


my photo

periwinkle's tag ...

Lisa from Periwinkle tagged me a while back on the 4th April for this meme. Better late than never I say!

How did you come up with your blog name?
For my garden blog I needed to think of a name quick and This Is My Patch came to my head whilst pottering in the garden. Home Is Where The Heart Is was easier. I believe I have a good heart and have lots of hearts around my home, so the name seemed perfect, albeit rather twee!


Do your friends and family know about your blog and what do they think of it?
Yes, friends and family know. Some look in, some leave comments, and some don’t do either!

How do you write posts?
More often than not I start with a photo and then work what I write around it, usually writing short posts on one subject.

Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?
No unkind comments yet, only an IPod advert and a rather strange comment, both of which I deleted.


Do you check your stats? Do you care how many people read your blog. If you care how do you increase traffic?
I don’t do stats, but I do a monthly poll. This gives me some idea of how many people have been having a nose, and it still surprises me at how many do and how many comments I am lucky enough to get. They all make my day!


What kinds of blog/posts interest you?
I am interested in all the blog posts I read, there is no one subject I favour. Every one has got something equally good to say for itself.

What do you like and dislike about blogging?
I like the fact that I am in touch with folk from all over the country, and the world! I still think it’s amazing. I dislike how I get nothing else done while I am away in this other world of mine.

10 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Louise
You are a popular girl it seems because I tagged you too! Visit my blog to see what it is and please feel free not to participate if you don't want to.
I am like you in that I spend far too much time at the computer blogging!
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

How nice to learn a little more about you, Louise. And I have to agree about that last statement - how time flies when you're figuring out a post!

Elizabethd said...

I do agree, time is a wasting!

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

I enjoyed learning more about you, Louise. You have a lovely blog, and it is sort of a hub also, for other blogs. Or a heart?

Anonymous said...

Good honest answers Louise, I enjoyed sharing this bit of info. ;o)

Carol said...

Great answers Louise.... emm this does take up rather a lot of my time too! and nothing does appear to be getting done, properly.
Carolx

Ragged Roses said...

Great answers Louise, i do agree about the time thinking, but it's worth it!!!
Kimx

Christy Amular said...

I'm so glad to know more about you! You are the sweetest :)

Anonymous said...

I've never been keen on blog memes but this one looks quite good, and I may even do it myself. No promises mind, and don't rush me!
I agree with what Daffy says. Well done! xx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I like this alternative tag,,,
I love to know what makes people blog and how they approach each post..
Thanks Louise for this insight!

Michelex