Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



07/01/2008


my photos

a new smaller model ...

These are some practice shots from our Christmas present to ourselves, a more portable camera. The photo above shows one of the local fishing boats and Worthing pier in the background. We both use quite bulky cameras, J uses his for recording fish catches and of lake shots and I have J's cast off (pardon the pun) which I use for the blog, a good camera with a good lens, but we just needed something a little smaller, something less cumbersome to carry around with us on our travels, on foot and on our bikes.

I must say we are pleased with it, although I have to find time to study all the functions, gone are the days when you can just turn on the flash and press a button! It takes me ages to master anything new, and I am useless when it comes to instructions! It is a Panasonic Lumix with a Leica lens so it should take good quality pictures, we bought if off the internet from a reputable firm and saved £60 off of Currys and Jessops price, so well worth doing the homework first.



These enormous rocks are part of the new defence system which has gone up along many miles of the West Sussex coast. These should put an end to the high tide washing up shingle along the pathways and more importantly the roads.



This shot, taken late afternoon, is of the newly refurbished Dome Cinema in Worthing. Click on here for the history of the cinema. Before being refurbished it was known as the local flea pit, people would avoid it like the plague!

7 comments:

Gina said...

Well your new camera {and you of course :O)} have taken some lovely pics! I love the waterfront boat shot! Gx

kari and kijsa said...

Lovely photos...looks as though the new camera will produce more beautiful shots for your books and blog!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Fab pics! Happy New Year to you all.
cd&m
http://catondarlingandmoore.typepad.com

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Looks like you have got to grips very well with your new camera Louise... lovely shots..
I am also fascinated by the 'Flea Pit' history..
Funny .. I have always called out local cinema the flea pit.. it must come from the age where people shared these little beasties..!
Mx

Anonymous said...

Wow, for a moment there I thought you and J had bought a boat! I know, I'm not always the sharpest tool! Well if the pics are anything to go by I would say that its a super camera. Hey! I can hear music. Where are those earphones??? Oh that's nice Louise. Is that Whitney?

Anonymous said...

Terrific photos! It looks like you've got a good camera there.

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Louise,
I stole your bowl and pudding but I see that you stole my camera!!!!! I had my Lumix a few months ago for my birthday and I love it.
Enjoy yours,
Hugs,
Sandi x