Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



25/10/2007








my photos

the town of shoreham ...

These are some pictures of Shoreham, taken from the footbridge, which is a short distance from where we live. The weather was so glorious last Sunday that J and I took advantage, downed tools and got on our bikes. Our local councils have recently built a great cycle path along the coast which runs alongside the footpath, so now there is no excuse not to use pedal power. I like Shoreham and in recent months regeneration has been taking place with a large new development of town and riverside houses, the opening of trendy bars and coffee houses, a contemporary florist and gift shops. Shoreham is only a small town but its rising popularity may be due to an overspill from nearby Brighton and Hove as I believe properties are getting harder and harder to find there and the market price is proving too expensive for a lot of buyers.

Before returning home we grabbed a take-away coffee and pastry and cycled back towards the beach were we stopped for a while before getting back to the daily grind.


2 comments:

Nonnie said...

Shoreham looks really pretty, especially under that gorgeous blue sky. I've never visited despite the fact that my Grandparents lived at West Wittering(which I still visit a lot despite them being gone) and my oldest friend lives in Hove. I'll have to pay it a visit next time I'm down on the coast.

thehomelyyear said...

Hi, Shoreham looks lovely. We had wonderful weather to on our visit to the Lakes too...very lucky. I don't know your area at all but Noreen has lived and worked in Brighton. Really good to be able to cycle.
Margaret and Noreen at THY