Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



15/10/2007




my photos

just like mum used to make three ...

How to make chunky Chicken Casserole
Place chicken pieces in a casserole dish, I just de-skin chicken thighs, for a casserole I prefer using these to breast meat, then add a chopped onion and chunky carrots, meanwhile in approx half a pint of boiling water add two chicken Oxo cubes, add this to the ingredients along with some mixed herbs and lots of black pepper, then cook in oven until chicken is cooked through. I always make my casseroles the previous day as I believe they always taste better the next. To reheat I just place on the hob after reserving some of the stock to use to mix the cornflour with (or if I remember to buy them, I use thickening granules which you can just sprinkle in), bring up to the boil and then add the cornflour mix to thicken, at this stage I add the peas and a homemade dumpling mix and then finish off cooking in the oven. Serve with new potatoes.

No comments: