Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



20/10/2007


my photo

fruit scones ...

Seeing as we are basking in glorious sunshine at the moment, I have been taking up outdoor pursuits today, but I did have time to bake some fruit scones! They are really easy to do when time is of the essence, just slip down to your local supermarket, look in the freezer cabinet for Aunt Bessies, bring home and bake until golden brown. I know fruit scones are easy to knock up, but these are great for a standby, they are best left to cool down as when warm they are a bit crumbly and tend to fall apart when you butter them. I like them as they don't taste of too much bicarb like a lot of the shop bought ones do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise,

Well, I knew Aunt Bessie made Yorkshire puddings, but the scones are a new one to me. I actually enjoy making scones from scratch and I think that it is quicker than going out to buy them!

Marie x

Steve Coulter said...

There's hope for me yet.

Anonymous said...

These look delicious, Louise! ~ Lynda ♥

Gigibird said...

Ding Dongs Aunt Bessie is a busy old girl.
I would have to look at the ingredients to see if I approve.... as Marie said you can make then from scratch in minutes...