Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



17/02/2010




my photos

Bondi to Coogee coastal walk, NSW, aus ...

The walk takes about two hours, the most part along the cliff face of the Pacific Ocean, passing six beaches and bays.

We had to do it a bit different and took it in reverse, from Coogee to Bondi!



The name Coogee is said to have been taken from a local aboriginal word 'koojah' which means smelly place, referring to the large amount of seaweed washed up on the beach.

A bit unfair I thought, the beach had a niceness about it, and on first impressions I preferred it to Bondi where we'd visited a few years back.


o

Like me you really don't need to be superfit to do this walk, but if you don't want to end up looking like a tomato, or feeling like a dehydrated prune, on a hot day it's essential to wear a hat, long sleeves and carry plenty of water.

In an emergency there are pit-stops along the way, and we stopped in a bowling club where after signing in, I swiftly downed half of shandy, and the OH a pint of Tooheys!




Finding ourselves starting to sizzle in the mid-day sun, where only mad dogs and Englishmen go, we didn't get to complete the walk and decided our best bet was to catch the bus from Bronte beach back to the shade of the city, to cool off!
o
Click on link for more Watery Wednesday
o
o

5 comments:

Simone said...

Lovely photos Louise. I think the jagged rock one is my favourite. By the way, I quite like the smell of seaweed so the beach wouldn't be a problem to me! x

Acornmoon said...

How wonderful, lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Those shades of blue are just dreamy.

Twiggy said...

Gorgeous pics Louise, I could just dive into that lovely surf, but will have to make do with puddle jumping in the woods instead :)
Twiggy x

Carol said...

These pictures are amazing Louise, so sharp. It loks like a place that I would enjoy!x