Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



19/04/2010


my photo

remember me ...

With the warmer weather and longer days, you will find me more out than in, as I love my garden and outside space with a passion.

Only a handful of you come over to visit me here. I shall be joining in with Simone's Tuesday Garden Rake over this side of the fence. Just pop your head over, so I know you're behind it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below is a token of mutual respect, admiration and friendship taken from an old journal, August 4th, 1853. It's from an inspirational book I bought from a carboot a few years back, called On Women & Friendship by Starr Ockenga.

To my teacher, Elthelda Coggan, from your pupil.

'Remember me when gone away, and I the same will do,
and when you're with your friends at home, then I'll remember you.

Forget me ah forget me not, when evenings shades descend,
For then my thoughts will turn to thee, my fondly cherished friend.'
o

10 comments:

Simone said...

I love forget-me-nots. They are perfectly formed little flowers and oh so pretty. I will not forget to come and visit you Louise! x

Kris said...

Hi Louise!

I love your seaside shots in the previous post. It looks like a lovely place to be. Glad the weather is being more hospitable. I will make an effort to visit your garden blog!

Christy Amular said...

Those are seriously pretty blooms! Happy Spring to you!

Check out the giveaway in my blog too. xx

LizzieJane said...

Lovely forget-me-knots. I have always thought them so lovely and sweet.
x

Acornmoon said...

Such a poignant little poem, i hope you enjoy the spring sunshine in your garden.

Amanda and Tim said...

Oh that is so beautiful, thanks for sharing. I do so love finding second-hand books with little snippets of the past in them!

I shall certainly see you over in your garden, for that is where I originally found you :o)

periwinkle said...

what a sweet poem ...

Ally Jay said...

That is a lovely poem.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Louise..
I have thought of you a lot now that the weather is showing signs of being kind to our gardens and everything is coming to life out there..
Hope you are enjoying the pottering about in your beautiful garden.

Michele xx

Twiggy said...

That's a lovely poem
Twiggy x