Just being ME




Please say hello ... I love comments!



17/07/2011


my photos

another baking day ...

As rain has mainly stopped play outside today, I've been doing a spot of baking.

Sticky Lemon and Lime Cake

equal 5oz amounts of soft margarine or butter, caster sugar and SR flour
3 eggs
half a teaspoon of baking powder and 2oz ground almonds
zest and juice from one lemon and one lime


This is a recipe for cupcakes, but works equally well as one big single cake, baked in a 16.5 cm fluted cake tin liner.




Using proper eggs, from proper hens, bought from a proper stall along the roadside.

I really like how they are all different shades, and of a good size too.

I can't get over the size of some supermarket eggs these days - even the Size 1s seem small to me?




I do like citrus fruits.

In fact I sometimes find myself buying them when I really don't need them?

Anyway, these two came from a large bag of mixed lemons and limes from Sainsburys for just £2.00, which I thought was a bit of a bargain.

It is, if you don't end up throwing them away!

The zest needs to go in the cake mix ...

and the juice needs to be heated with 2oz caster sugar until syrupy, for the drizzle.




I do like quick and easy, not always having the time to faff with complicated recipes ...

and good time management leaves more time to scrape the whisk, and lick the bowl!


9 comments:

Simone said...

Yummy! I do love lemon and lime and had a thai green chicken curry today with lime juice. I have just made some coconut biscuits. Pop the kettle on and I will be 'round to share my biscuits if I can have some of your cake! x

periwinkle said...

yummy, I did make whoopies the other day but the dog ate them all :-(

bellaboo said...

LOVE lemon drizzle cake..and wasn't it a treat as a child to lick the bowl(and the spoon)after your Mum had baked a cake! :0)

BumbleVee said...

oooh, yum..... I'll give this a try....soon.... it's a bit hot now at +29C....

Rosie said...

Your cake looks delicious - I'm going to try the recipe - I must pop a lemon and a lime on my shopping list:)

Lisa said...

Oh lovely lemon drizzle. Much nicer to write about than the horrible drizzle we've been having outside!
Lisa x

Rubyred said...

This looks delicious!
I've never tried it with lime in too!
Rachel x

harmony and rosie said...

Oh yummy. Got any left?! x

life in red shoes said...

Looks and sounds delish. Shall we have it with a spot of tea?